Wednesday, July 14, 2010

EXTRA EXTRA!!! Interns to appear on Friday Night Lights


Barrett and Lauren...future superstars!!!


By: Barrett Donner

The Topic: FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS

Location: Near the airport…While Modern Family and Parenthood are close followers, Friday Night Lights is the BEST show on television. FNL is outstanding and according to my mom, two sisters and myself, just one glance at Tim Riggins is enough to get you hot and bothered. So when the opportunity to be an extra on the show came up, I didn’t really have a choice. My mother would have had a cow if I didn’t do it. So I was cast as a Rally Girl. This is how it went: I arrived at 6pm and was given the one and only fabulous sequined red tank top to wear, spent the whole night yelling until I lost my voice, met a few interesting people, got the whole set to sing happy birthday to Lauren Di (the other intern), and finally left set around 4 A.M. THE REST IS A SURPRISE…watch the last season. I don’t want to ruin all the juicyness.

To be honest, by the end I was a little cranky but it was hard not to get lost in the energy of the set. It was interesting to see how much work it takes to put together a production like that. Unfortunately I didn’t carry out my sole mission successfully (Tim Riggins falls madly in love with Belmont intern). However, it was a sweet experience and fun to make mom and sisters sweat a little!

See ya around Austin!

Barrett

By: Lauren DiGiovanni

Howdy all! Can you believe it’s already July??? The time has absolutely flown by! This summer has been chock full of new experiences, for instance when Barrett and I recently took a crack at being extras on Friday Night Lights. It was definitely not what I expected.

Surprisingly, it was fairly easy to become an extra. All we had to do was fill out a form online and then we received an email for a call back. We both decided to go on the Saturday before my birthday (June 26th). Barrett was supposed to be a rally girl and I was to be a fan. As soon as I arrived at the set I received my first lesson about acting: it requires a lot of waiting. First, we waited in a line to check in. Then, we waited (for 2 hours) until the next group of extras showed up. We eventually went to the first field to begin filming, but there would be more waiting to come.

When we actually started to film I learned another lesson: they like to do lots of takes. Now, I knew that filming required more than one take prior to FNL but I guess I didn’t realize how long it would take for each particular scene. It was cool to see how they shot the different angles and details though, like when the actors had lines we were supposed to pantomime so they could be heard.

All in all it was entertaining and interesting, especially when we started to get a bit delirious a little after midnight and Barrett decided to sing me happy birthday until about half the set had joined in! Slightly embarrassing…

Stay tuned for more of our adventures, who knows what we’ll do next!


No comments:

Post a Comment