Wednesday, June 9, 2010

More than a just a word from Ms. Intern-tastic, Barrett Donner

Hello, Hello Belmont Lovers! My name is Barrett and I have been living in Austin for 22 days. I love this new city and want to soak it all up, so here is my pledge. I, Barrett Donner will experience something new and Austin-esque each week, be it a little adventure or large endeavor. It will simply be, me in Austin running free.

Day # 19

The topic: TO(aw)FU(l).

Location: Kenichi… I have heard a lot about this restaurant in the short time I have been here and decided to do Happy Hour with a couple girlfriends. I am not a sushi expert, but always open to new rolls and sake. The Sexy Sake is Passion Fruit infused Yummy-ness; I highly recommend the Cobra Roll, and I tried my friend Sandy’s Crispy Tofu… my first time ever tasting tofu, and now know that it will also be the last. Sure its absorbent and can take on many flavors, but it somewhat resembles my idea of what Spongebob Squarepants would taste like. Spongebob may have the upper hand in that contest. He is sea-salty.

So although Kenichi was delish and the Sushi Bar waiter was adorable, I will remain wary of tofu. I plan to stick to meat and dairy for my daily dose of protein and calcium. However, bring on the Sexy Sake!

Oh My God Moment

Day # 13

Watch out for those Grackles at Whole Foods! I was enjoying a breakfast burrito and a ferocious Grackle attacked and stole it right out of my mouth!!! They are so aggressive. Check Grackle out on Wikipedia, it mentions their annoying inhabitance in the Austin area, how ironic.

See ya around Austin!

Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment