Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Oh! That's so very LOCAL of you.

It's been about 3 weeks since our new Executive Chef, Rich Falbo took over the kitchen here at The Belmont. I don't use the term "took over" lightly either! It's gotten a scrub down literally from top to bottom. Things are rearranged and reorganized - and it looks stunning. I'm sure most of you have not seen the kitchen in the Belmont, but there's not exactly ample space to work with. Our kitchen staff is snug as bugs in rugs back there, but they are obviously enjoying the snuggle, as I've seen nothing but beautiful food in the last weeks!

If you are a regular in the restaurant, you will probably notice things shifting around on the menu. The part that I'm most excited about is that we are featuring local farm produce delivered by Farm to Table, as well as Niman Ranch natural meats, artisan breads from Moonlight Bakery and farmstead cheeses.

We support local farmers and ranchers as well as promote sustainable, humanely raised choices for all of our meats.....I won't even go there with making the right choices on meats that we eat. Let's just say that I'm SUPER happy about this shift :)

One of the perks of my job, is that I MUST try the food (and for free might I add...sorry to brag!) but I had the Vegetarian Sandwich last week and it was AHHHH-mazing. I know you probably think I'm saying that because, OK, I want the Belmont to seem great, yaddi - yaddi. NO, folks. This sandwich is seriously a 10! Oven roasted tomato, mizunna (a dark leafy green vegetable in the mustard family...see pic), avocado, hummus and comes with fries. I got the mixed green salad instead with the dressing on the side, and this made for a nice light summer lunch.



***INSIDER TIP! Start sucking up to your favorite Belmont employee (or me..easy, just comment on blog posts, twitter or fb) and try to get an invite to our Grand RE-opening scheduled for September 2nd. It will be over-the-top!! We will be having FREE food from our new menu and FREE cocktails, free gift bags, cigars, crazy lights, live music, etc....We are putting together a pretty impressive guest list of the whose-who in Austin!! I bet if you really try hard enough you might be able to find your way......


3 comments:

  1. So... How do I begin to suck up? :)
    I guess I will just be straightforward. I love the idea of local farmers' food on your tables! The food at Belmont was always great and now I will just absolutely have to try that sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will attest that the scaled down menu has some bangin fresh ingredients that make the entrees pop. Ate there a few weeks ago with family in town. The pasta tasted like it was rolled in the kitchen, and instead of sun dried tomatoes, it was littered with lovely cherry and grape heirloom tomatoes! The plump corn, black eyed pea and peppery arugula medley came together with such great balance, and was also sporting those great and juicy tomatoes that tasted like they were purchased at the Liberty Square farmers market that morning. Everything from the Charcuterie plate to the simple roasted chicken was simple yet so well executed. I definitely will be back!
    (how's that for brown nosing?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very nice brad and mila! a little brown nosing never hurt! I will remember this. but also very glad that you have enjoyed the new tasty treats!!

    ReplyDelete